Thursday, May 15, 2014

One Does Not (Space Pirates deleted scene)


One Does Not Simply Walk into Virtual Reality

~ a very short and stupid little dialogue explaining "Langsyne"... or not ~

"You cannot be fucking serious."

"Oh, but I am. I'm afraid it's absolutely necessary. For stabilization purposes, see?"

"Don't bullshit me, pup. I've been in this business at least five times as long as you have."

"How can you be so sure?"

"..."

"Besides, this is exactly why you invited me here, isn't it? Because of the possibility."

"Which you have failed to convince me of."

"Well, here's your cue to give me a chance, then."

"I don't give second chances."

"I'm still on number one by my book. Besides, come on. What's the harm? You'll get firsthand experience of the hottest new thing on the market. Or soon to be."

"Yeah? And how do I know this isn't just another trap?"

"I guess you don't! But you've got no choice but to risk it, right?"

"Please. If she were not disposable, do you think I would have ever agreed to this ridiculous proposal in the first place?"

"Hmm, I dunno. I count exactly three people on this ship. You, Mr. Meathead over there, and her. Not exactly a textbook model of resource optimization, if you ask me... Well, Meathead I suppose I understand. But I'm sure an experienced operator like you is perfectly capable of running this sweet baby without any help at all."

"She has her uses."

"Hehehe. Okay, whatever you say."

"... If it turns out you've been lying to me, the deal is off."

"Ooh! And if not?"

"If not, we will be renegotiating."

"Sure, sure. Have fun!"

"Oh, I will. Damn straight I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment