Thursday, July 24, 2014

NeoTants: Origins

NeoTants: Origins
Series: NeoTants
Genre: Mecha/soft sci-fi
Word count: ~3600
Themes: virgin, very very light D/s

Buy: AmazonGoogle Play, Smashwords

Summary: A terminally ill soldier. An aloof young scientist. A secret experiment that may very well change the tides of war. And an unexpected attack that strands them with nothing but one final night together...


Excerpt (250 words):

I don’t think Dr. Lilavati had ever realized just how beautiful she was.

Neither had I, and this wasn’t exactly an appropriate time to be noticing.

“No survivors,” she announced, picking her way back to me through the wreckage, and for the first time since I’d met her, I thought I detected the slightest tremor in her usual precise diction. Her hair, usually neatly clipped back, frizzed all around her face in disarray.

Couldn’t read her expression though. She was always so damn serious, and that hadn’t changed even now. If you’d asked me before today, I’d have bet on her panicking or zoning out or something.

But nope. Still the same cool little lady who stood outside the lab window every morning jotting down notes in her datapad without so much as a smile, draped in an oversized coat that concealed all those delicious curves hidden underneath.

That coat was nowhere to be seen at the moment. She’d been sleeping when the attack hit. Most of us had.

And I certainly wouldn’t have bet on her being the lacy nightie type either -- which was why I wasn’t a gambling man.

I sighed, allowing myself to wonder for a moment if maybe this was all just some crazy dream. But none of this was crazy enough. And all the dreams involving Dr. Lilavati that I’d ever had featured my older, stronger self -- not the pathetic cripple that I was now.

Also, they’d jumped to the good parts a hell of a lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment