Saturday, November 15, 2014

Farewell (Space Pirates deleted scene)


Farewell is Not the End

~ takes place before "Now/Here" ~

"Is there something you want to say to me?"

"Uh..."

"Out with it. There's no use hiding things from me, my sweet."

"... Sorry."

"Apology not accepted, Andrei. You know I hate being apologized to for no good reason."

"The boss... tried to fire me."

"Why the hell would he do that? You're the only subordinate he has left! Actually, since when did he start firing people instead of just -- That manipulative bastard. What the fuck is he plotting now?"

"It's the jump gates. The ones that were lost during the Calamity. I think he's figured how to get to them."

"The what? You think he's -- Ugh. No. Don't tell me. I think I have an idea of what's going on now."

"You do?"

"Oh, sweetheart. Don't tell me you never wondered where all the profits were going to. Certainly not into living it up like some antiquated mining baron. I mean sure, business expenses, the occasional bribe or two, and we all had it pretty good really -- but he wasn't exactly extravagant even before Saryev fucked him over. I always figured he was planning to buy up a planet or something."

"... Wasn't any of my business."

"Uh huh. Sure. ... Still, damn. The gates, huh?"

"Yeah."

"For all you know, there's nothing even left anymore on the other side."

"Yeah. I'm sorry, Nevara. I..."

"........."

"........."

"We've been through this once already. You'd think it would get easier, huh?"

"Sorry."

"Quit doing that, or I'm going to do something you'll really be sorry for."

"Really?"

"Bastard. Getting excited already, I see."

"And just whose fault is that?"

"Don't you get lippy on me now."

"Oh sh... Shit -- mmph --"

"Less talking, more you know what."

"... Sure you don't... wanna come with?"

"I think you know this already, sweetheart, but let's make it clear. I'm not interested in chasing after the unknown. I've built a life here. A home. A place to belong -- not just for myself, but for everyone who needs it."

"..."

"I've got half a mind to send Terchan a nasty message when you head back, though."

"..."

"But that'll probably be counterproductive, hm?

"..."

"How's this? Next time you see the boss, you tell him this for me: 'Consider this a loaner. You better make sure to keep him in good condition for me!'"

"!!!"

"Heh. Now you'll be in good hands, my sweet."

"@#$%^&!"

"Any complaints?"

"... No, Mistress."

"Good boy. And godspeed... Now get back to work."

No comments:

Post a Comment